Viradys Disinfection Unit
“COME VISIT US AT WASTE EXPO IN NEW ORLEANS, LA MAY 2 – 3, 2023”
On-site Medical Waste Viradys Disinfection Unit
The Viradys Disinfection Unit (VDU) is a patented shred-to-disinfection device. Patented in the USA, Canada, and Western Europe.
- Made in the USA.
- Designed for on site installation.
- VDU can be customized for multiple shred/disinfection applications.
Goal: Zero Waste to Landfill
- Regulated Medical Waste (RMW)
- Single-Use/Hard to Recycle Plastics
- Sharps and Vials
Traditional handling of RMW usually consists of transportation off site, then treatment and disposal, typically by way of steam autoclave
However, several companies elect to ship post Viradys Disinfection Unit inert material to specialized recycle companies. Through an innovative process these sterilized materials are then further shredded, melted, extruded, and converted into various types of composite plastic lumber.
The Viradys Disinfection Unit
- Heated disinfection for Regulated Medical Waste including sharps, tubes and PPE.
- Heated disinfection and shred cycle for Bio-Hazardous Red Bag Waste.
- Heated disinfection cycle for Bio-Hazardous Liquid Waste in Bags.
Result: by shredding the waste, we achieve up to an 80% to 90% reduction in waste volume
Contact us today or call or email today for a live or virtual demonstration!